David Sobolov is known for his work as a voice actor playing creepy villains, scary aliens, and edgy heroes on television, in games, and in feature films. He’s the voice of Gorilla Grodd on The CW Network drama The Flash, and Drax in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy animated series launching this fall on Disney XD. David is the voice of Shockwave on Transformers Prime, Azmodan in Heroes of the Storm (and two previous games) for Blizzard, Terrorrblade in DOTA 2, Bumble Blast and Krypt King in Skylanders, The Annihilator on Disney XD’s live action series Mighty Med, and Lobo on WB’s Young Justice and the game Injustice: Gods Among Us.
David was the voice of Depth Charge on the classic Beast Wars Transformers series, Tatsurion the Unchained (aka Bob) on Kaijudo, Lt. Vasquez in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Jul M’Dama in Halo 4, Dr. Garret Bryson in Mass Effect 3, Robocop in Robocop Alpha Commando, Lord Tyger on Spiderman Unlimited, and Spookie Jar on Sabrina: The Animated Series.
His face and voice were featured in the on-camera performance capture role of Rios in Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel for EA, and in the feature film Sparks. You’ll hear David speaking German in the first Call of Duty game, Klingon in Star Trek Into Darkness, English as the Gorn on Star Trek Enterprise and as both a Gorn and Klingon characters in game Star Trek Online.
David studied acting with the legendary Sanford Meisner at the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York.
- Drax the Destroyer in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Voice)
- Shockwave in Transformers: Prime (Voice)
- Lobo in Injustice: Gods Among Us (Voice)
- Depthcharge in Beast Wars: Transformers (Voice)
- Gorilla Grodd in The Flash (Voice)
- The Arbiter in Halo Wars (Voice)
- Jul M’Dama in Halo 4 (Voice)
- Terrorblade in Dota 2 (Voice)
- Bumble Blast in Skylanders: SWAP Force (Voice)